Monday, August 13, 2012

Season 5: another update

Update for Season 5! So far, the season is looking good. At first, I was a little concerned because ideas weren't flowing like they were for me in seasons 1, 2, and IV. I was beginning to think that Season 5 would end up short-lived like Season 3, which lasted five months and only produced twenty-five comics (an all-time low).

Things have changed, however. They may have come later than I had hoped, but I've finally got new great ideas and I'm finally excited. Obviously, since the comics don't come out until next month, I won't go into details, but just know that I'm excited, and when I'm excited, you're gonna laugh. :)

I am adding two semi-regular characters. The first one will appear right away in the season, but the second one won't be appearing until later on. I gave you a clue in my last post as to who the second character is, and my clue for the second one is this: I have plans for both her and Gabri. I'm also working on expanding certain characters who I haven't spent as much time on, giving them more purpose in the series.

One last thing: Season 2 had two mini-series at the end, and Season IV had the mini-series part way through, but Season 5 will start with the mini-series. This was not my initial plan, but the mini-series is turning out so well that I bumped it up on the cue. For the first time as well, these comics are going to be interactional. Readers will be given a choice at the end, and the choice that receives the most number of votes will effect the outcome of the mini-series.

Personally, I can't wait for September to start uploading! Thanks for all your support through Season IV, it was overwhelmingly appreciated and made ending the season a hard decision!

See you September,
Sam Shenberger

No comments:

Post a Comment