Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Oddities - Just Some Cool Misc Stuff

Tuesday Oddities are all about the oddness of some of these drawings that I don't normally put out. That being said, here are some more cool miscellaneous drawings for the series that I've come across.

First up, here is a random drawing, circa Season 1 of the four lead characters. Of these four, only Sam and Bailey survived "the purge" of Season 2, in which Jessica only appeared once. This drawing appears to have been done later on in Season 1, since Sam's hair design has gotten slightly longer than it was earlier in said season.
 The following set of drawings were done specifically for Instagram, and have never been shown elsewhere. They all feature comic characters as the characters they portrayed in the "Avengers" artwork portrait. Carl's "Captain America" one turned out so good that it made me wish I had done it in pen so it could be colored (doing a colored version of a pencil drawing with my limited resources is difficult and almost not worth it).

 Next on the list is a pencil sketch of the "Minecraft" artwork portrait. I had the idea initially and couldn't find a pen, so I sketched it in pencil to redo later in pen.
 The next picture I have is a very different one. I can't quite remember what it is supposed to be, but it has more details put into it and both Sam and Gabri wearing different clothes. This picture more closely resembles the concept artwork for "Sam's Comics: The Movie", but it can't be from those, as Molly's design is clearly from her Season IV appearance and Gabri was not yet added into the series (nor had I even met her in real life at the time I made the concept art for the film). I honestly have no clue when or why I made this. I have no memory of it.
 Finally, here is a map that I made. I've done a few variations of this map from Season IV onward, but this one is the most recent and hasn't changed since the end of Season 5. It takes into account locations from Sam's Comics: The Movie, Sam's Comics: The Origins, the Camp Awesome subset, and other places featured in the series, showing that Sam and Bailey live on opposite ends of the park (shown in The Movie and referenced in The Origins), The Old Abandoned Storehouses (The Movie), The Forest (The Origins), The Camp (Camp Awesome) and that Gabri and Frank live outside the town, making them "Outsiders" (The Origins). There are a few other niceties thrown in, including Three Mountain Heights (misspelled I know), which is implied to be what Sam's T-shirt currently depicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment